Post with 1 note
Question with 1 note
starsinthedark said: Did you actually read my whole summer essay?
Indeed I did! =]
Born Every Minute of the Day: Having pledged $10,000 in support of James Franco’s Museum of Non-Visible Art, “new media producer” Aimee Davidson has become the proud owner of a one-of-a-kind piece of non-visible art entitled “Fresh Air.”
As the designation suggests, the piece, by “collaborative art team” Brainard and Delia Carey (AKA Praxis), does not actually exist. Instead, in exchange for parting with their money, museum contributors such as Davidson receive a printed description of what the artists imagine the piece would look like had they put in the time to make it.
From the museum’s website:
Composed entirely of ideas, the Non-Visible Museum redefines the concept of what is real. Although the artworks themselves are not visible, the descriptions open our eyes to a parallel world built of images and words. This world is not visible, but it is real, perhaps more real than the world of matter, and it is also for sale.
And here is the description of the piece Davidson bought:
The air you are purchasing is like buying an endless tank of oxygen. No matter where you are, you always have the ability to take a breath of the most delicious, clean-smelling air that the earth can produce. Every breath you take gives you endless peace and health. This artwork is something to carry with you if you own it. Because wherever you are, you can imagine yourself getting the most beautiful taste of air that is from the mountain tops or fields or from the ocean side; it is an endless supply.
Sadly, being a one-of-a-kind piece, “Fresh Air” is all sold out. I guess you’ll have to make do with printing out the description yourself.
It’s unbelievable the amount of money they’ve made off this bullshit idea.
Question with 3 notes
sauverlemonde said: TAG YOU'RE IT!
Here are the rules:
Each tagged person must post 10 things about themselves. You have to chose and tag 10 people. Go to their blogs and tell them that you have tagged them. Oh yeah.. No tag backs
Oh lawd, Anja :P
Mmkay, I shall do this anyways. And I shall be completely honest and truthful. Here goes:
1) I love sleep, and really don’t understand why my friends have this strange urge to wake up four hours later after sleeping at four in the morning, at a sleepover.
2) I do really lame shit in front of my mirror when I’m washing my hands, like impersonate voices and make weird faces. This is a strange (and slightly creepy, I guess) habit of mine. Jeez. I sound like a schizophrenic.
3) I iz an intellectual badass (some fools use the term “nerd” as well). One of my highest priorities is academics, not only because I feel it’s essential for my future, but as lame as it sounds, I actually enjoy learning. (MLIB)
4) I dislike stupid people very much. Especially stupid people who think they’re smart, when they really aren’t. Grr.
5) Something that’s definitely on the top of my list of things to do when I’m not being an intellectual badass is partying. I love it.
6) I’m actually really proud of my country, and so anyone who says something bad against it (and actually means it) feels my Indian wrath.
7) Sometimes, I wake up, and there’s this whole pile of attractive, naked women around me. It’s such a pain, I swear.
8) I really enjoy philosophical conversations about life (especially when people are slightly under the influence).
9) I’m always late, for pretty much anything. It’s like a subconscious principle of mine, derived from my brown heritage.
10) I’M RIDIN SAWLAW!
Question with 1 note
Anonymous said: "I FUCKING LOVE YOU."
I fucking love you too! :)
… I think.
OH YEAH I HAVE ALL TEN SEASONS
Page 1 of 40